Discuss

Kenmore 70 series won't spin

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hi I'll try to keep this brief. After the spin cycle, clothes were pretty wet and had to be spun

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore 70 series won't spin

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM

kieranlocko is on a distinguished road
Default Kenmore 70 series won't spin
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi
I'll try to keep this brief. After the spin cycle, clothes were pretty wet and had to be spun 2 or 3 times. I am a complete novice, but handy, so opened up the machine to look for anything blatantly obvious. Saw nothing, put it back together, but now on spin it chugged and tub looked like it was catching. Opened it up again and replaced the motor coupler (which did look kind of worn). Put it back together again but still makes a noise like it's catching, and doesn't spin. Next removed the agitator, and took the entire motor and clutch/ shaft assembly out. These parts seem to turn freely (although the clutch turns only in a clockwise direction, counter clockwise it stops after about a full turn). Tried holding the brake cam and turning the drive tube; it moves very easily in a counter clockwise direction but appears to be catching in a clockwise direction, and I hear a click as I turn it.

Any ideas? Have I completely screwed it up. I hope to be able to repair it myself....

thanks in anticipation .

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.