Discuss

Roper washer will not drain or spin?

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hey guys, I have a Roper 2 speed/6 cycle washer (Mod#RAS6233KQ0). My problem is that it will agitate but will

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Roper washer will not drain or spin?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 AM

Burns5150 is on a distinguished road
Default Roper washer will not drain or spin?
Brand: -brand-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hey guys,
I have a Roper 2 speed/6 cycle washer (Mod#RAS6233KQ0).
My problem is that it will agitate but will not rinse/spin/drain. I thought it may be the timer, but I also hear it making a sound (that a timer would make). Unless the timer is not fully working, what may my problem be. Washer is full of water and waiting for my hep! .....Thanks in advance!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Senior Expert

Jeff / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Hello. You will need to check and see if the lid switch is bad or broke on the unit. If so, it will cause the problems your having. Here is a link to a video on how to change the lid switch. Hope this helps. Washer Lid Switch (part #3949247) - How To Replace - YouTube

Part number: AP3100003

Part number: AP3100003

Top and cabinet, literature replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RAS6233KQ0 WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Burns5150 is on a distinguished road

Hey Jeff,
Problem solved! Thank you very much for the info, web link, and an answer. It was in fact the door switch and it was an easy fix. Already running it again, but boy does that washer have some catching up to do!! I got the part at a local appliance store. He said it would cost about 3 times more, than what I would think the part would cost....I told him "Its still better than wearing dirty clothes!!!!" ....
Thanks very much for your help! Jeff!! ...... Burns51550
Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Senior Expert

Jeff / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Your Welcome!!! Glad we could help!!

Jeff K. / APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM

ChucknJo is on a distinguished road
Default Roper Lid Switch Fix

Thanks for the great step by step video and service. I ordered the part from you guys on a Wednesday night, it arrived Friday, and my machine was up and running Friday night. It is great to know every once in awhile I can fix something.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.