Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjohns  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:51:49 PM(UTC)
cjohns

Groups: Registered

my one way bearings are shot, cleaned them twice. now i need to replace the clutch assembly. if i buy the assembly without the pully does it come with a spring?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:04:17 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: cjohns Go to Quoted Post
my one way bearings are shot, cleaned them twice. now i need to replace the clutch assembly. if i buy the assembly without the pully does it come with a spring?

The Clutch Pulley is an assembly you can't buy seperate parts I.E. large wrap SS spring, One-Way clutch pulley mounted bearing and upper bearing ring. If your series doesn't use the upper One-Way bearing you toss in the parts bin. I would look for/Google this p/n for best price 25001169.

I would never consider putting in the $150 version of the Clutch Pulley. $75 to $80 range for the 25001169.

If you haven’t replaced the Tub Seal you may want to look at this thread FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement
ajacoby  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:15:26 AM(UTC)
ajacoby

Is it possible to replace the one-way bearing only? My clutch, spring, etc look fine, but the bearings are suspect, and I'd like to replace while doing the rest of the Outer tub bearing overhaul, but don't want to shell out another $130 for the clutch if possible... Just wondering if there isn't a cross-reference part number for the bearing itself.

Thanks in advance, this site is great, and I'm so glad I found it for the outer bearing job (underway).

Ames
dh1200s  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:48:35 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: ajacoby Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to replace the one-way bearing only? My clutch, spring, etc look fine, but the bearings are suspect, and I'd like to replace while doing the rest of the Outer tub bearing overhaul, but don't want to shell out another $130 for the clutch if possible... Just wondering if there isn't a cross-reference part number for the bearing itself.

Thanks in advance, this site is great, and I'm so glad I found it for the outer bearing job (underway).

Ames

Ames,

I picked one up ""25001169"" few years ago for $50 +$6 shipping. I just did a quick search and can't find it for $75 a price I saw a few months ago.

The One-Way Needle bearing as best I can tell is a HF3520 Google and you will find. I actually have one I orederd several months ago. I see no way to press it into the Clutch Pulley Housing or the Upper Bearing ring. Have you tried to press out the One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley Hub or the Upper Bearing Ring?

Does your series machine use the Upper Bearing Ring? If not please see this post immediately go to last several post in that thread.
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/189762-where-bearings-new-post.html

Good luck and let me know waht you come up with.

Just to clarify This bearing is pressed into the Clutch Pulley Hub on manfacture to lock up in the Spin Direction CCW clutch Pulley rotation.

For the Upper Bearing ring this bearing is flipped 180 deg and pressed in to lock up the Spinner Support for Wash/Agitation CW rotation of the Clutch Pulley this bearing Locks up to prevent the Spinner Support/Wash Basket from rotating CW. It is important to confirm that the Bottom of your outer tub has the notches in the bottom of the outer tub to receive the Upper One-Way Bearing ring. My only experience on this is from helping other owners as in the above link..........Again good luck.........Dick

I just added a pic of the Lower Bearing seated in the Outer Tub. See the notches in the Outer Tub bearing Hub. If you don't have those notches I feel the Outer Tub rebuild can't be completed. All FAV6800A/FAV9800A owners please correct me if I'm wrong.

Note; Please buy parts threw this forums vendor when possible to help support this great forum.
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
HF3520.jpg
1 Lower Bearing seated.JPG
joklein535  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:57:13 PM(UTC)
joklein535

I have been reading the threads on the error code for DC on my maytag washer. I followed the thread and got the clutch pully out. There was a small piece broken on it. I googled for the part 25001169 but the cheapiest I could find was $120. but i saw someone say they wouldnt pay more then 75. Also, I did find that Maytag replace this part number with 12002211. Does anyone know if this is a better clutch? This is only 140.

Also, I have not replaced the tub seal, will that help me not get the dc error code? Or should i just do it anyway. Thanks for all your threads. i was pretty happy to be able to find solutions. THe place I bought my machine from were not helpful and they told me to nbuy a new machine this one was full of problems. well I definately wont be shopping there again.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply