Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Francuz  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 3:25:08 PM(UTC)
Francuz

Groups: Registered

I can't remove the knob for the timer. It does not pull out like the other knobs, it does not unscrew, there is no trim hiding a screw or a spring. What is holding the knob so hard on the shaft? Thanks.:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Francuz  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 3:46:26 PM(UTC)
Francuz

Originally Posted by: Francuz Go to Quoted Post
I can't remove the knob for the timer. It does not pull out like the other knobs, it does not unscrew, there is no trim hiding a screw or a spring. What is holding the knob so hard on the shaft? Thanks.:mad:

I found the way. Thanks.
sidfink43  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 5:44:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Without having one of these in front of me I am thinking that there is a cap in the center of the knob that you can pry off, and that give you access getting the part off that holds it on.

See if that is what you have.
Francuz  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:15:29 PM(UTC)
Francuz

The knob has an internal groove. The shaft has two pieces: the external shaft has two ears pointing outward (tabs) on the end of two tines that hold onto the groove from the inside (wicked). If the internal shaft (accessible from the back) is pulled out, it creates enough room for the tines to move inward. So, grab the back of the shaft, pull it out and; at the same time, pull on the knob.
Once that is done, remove the inner bezel from the shaft, which exposes a screw. Remove the screw. The timer slides off to the left as you face the control panel.
HOWEVER, try this beforehand. You can repair the timer by taking off its outer cover, which does not require that the knobs be removed. WIth the cover removed, pull on the electrical socket. You will see contact tines. It is probable they had been sparking (darkened areas). Use emery cloth to remove the damaged areas. Put everything back together. (If the timer motor is gone, this of course will not work). Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply