Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mehraz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:46:54 AM(UTC)
Mehraz

Groups: Registered

Hello dear,
I appricate you help. in this terrible economy I have been out of job and right now I have to deal with my washer which is not working.
I am handy with technial stuff. Would you please help me.
When I turn on the washer , after it's filled with water, it gose to pause mode instead of wash mode.after I push the pause key it makes a klick sound and then again go to the pause mode I am guessing a switch or some kind of relay not functioning right(either too much current or larg resistance exist).
If you can give me a technical advice or guide me to possible failing parts or different possibility of the problem I do appricated. I my be able to save few $$. If you can mention the name of the bad part , and the part number and also electrical stumatic circutes of my washer when you emailing back. Thank you.
Mehraz
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:09:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mehraz Go to Quoted Post
Hello dear,
I appricate you help. in this terrible economy I have been out of job and right now I have to deal with my washer which is not working.
I am handy with technial stuff. Would you please help me.
When I turn on the washer , after it's filled with water, it gose to pause mode instead of wash mode.after I push the pause key it makes a klick sound and then again go to the pause mode I am guessing a switch or some kind of relay not functioning right(either too much current or larg resistance exist).
If you can give me a technical advice or guide me to possible failing parts or different possibility of the problem I do appricated. I my be able to save few $$. If you can mention the name of the bad part , and the part number and also electrical stumatic circutes of my washer when you emailing back. Thank you.
Mehraz

Mehraz,

There are a couple of things you want to check.
Turn off the power or unplug both power cords to the stackset.
remove the front panel of the washer( 2 screws in the bottom of the front panel and swing the panel out and off the spring clip tabs at the top.

On the left hand side and near the top of the tub assembly you will see the "Lid Latch Assembly" and there will be a "micro switch" it has a brown and orange colored wires, and is closest to you. You can use the actuator lever (hanging under the switch) and lift the lever up and release, so it drops. feel and listen for the switch plunger to "click" on and off, check it several times. You'll most likely need a switch,

Part number: AP4004517
Part number: AP4004517

You will also want to "slide" the washer out from under th dryer assembly(it's easy if the unit was properly installed) The rear of the washer should be suspended by the slide brackets mounted to the back of the washer.

Once you have the washer out far enough, disconnect the "umbilical" cord from the top left corner of the washer top, on the back. Clean and check all the connector pins inside the plastic multi plug connector on the cord.
The other end of the connector is attached to the back of the washer top, You'll also need to clean the "female" pins in that connector. You will alo want to take a small flat blade screwdriver insert the blade between the metal female pin and the plastic housing and carefully decrease the size of the opening of the metal pin, so you have a tighter fit of the pins. and reattach the two connectors and make sure they lock together.

I'm sure you'll be fine from there on out.
Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply