Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gblum  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 8:58:32 PM(UTC)
gblum

Groups: Registered

Last month, I replaced both belts (from a different supplier) on my old maytag top load, sorry the model number it not legible. The replacement drive belt #211125 was a little thinner than the original but the length seemed correct. Now I am burning that belt as well. I made it through the complete wash cycle, but I can feel damage to that new drive belt. Is there something that causes these belts to burn out? Is there a brake or transmission check I should perform to make sure all is proper before I order a new replacement belt from you guys? I will be buying dampers and glue too. This site is awesome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:28:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gblum Go to Quoted Post
Last month, I replaced both belts (from a different supplier) on my old maytag top load, sorry the model number it not legible. The replacement drive belt #211125 was a little thinner than the original but the length seemed correct. Now I am burning that belt as well. I made it through the complete wash cycle, but I can feel damage to that new drive belt. Is there something that causes these belts to burn out? Is there a brake or transmission check I should perform to make sure all is proper before I order a new replacement belt from you guys? I will be buying dampers and glue too. This site is awesome.

Gblum,

Under the circumstances, the most common problem for a burnt drive belt, would be a seized up or stiff tub bearing / tub seal assembly.

Part number: AP4390013
Part number: AP4390013

Part number: AP4372971
Part number: AP4372971

A quick check, remove the belt from the transmission pulley, turn the pulley in a clockwise direction, it should be relatively easy, and the agitator should move back and forth . Turn the pulley counterclockwise, the brake should release, the clutch should lock up and the tub will start to turn, unless the bearing is seized, and you may break it loose.
Check and make sure the motor carriage rollers are clean and well lubricated.

Good Luck,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
richappy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:06:40 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It is common for something to get stuck in the top of the tub on these. Remove the front panel, then the screws holding the top down and check between the tub and tub cover.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply