Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blammers  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:21:36 PM(UTC)
blammers

Groups: Registered

We are constantly having unbalanced load issues with thewasher no mater the size of the load, big or small, it doesn’t matter. I pulled the unit apart to the point that I lifted the basket out of the washer basin; it was here I discovered water internal to the basket that I can’t drain out no matter which way I turn or shake the basket. I want to confirm that this water does not belong and I want to know if drilling relief holes (and leaving them thereduring future wash cycles) into the bottom of the basket will not screw the basket up even more. Or maybe there is another way to correct our problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:41:02 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This model has two pumps, one to recirculate the water and the other to drain it.

You either have a drain pump problem, or some type of obstruction in the drain lines inside the machine. Check that out.

Do not drill holes. You will render your machine inoperative.
hobobob52  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:07:47 AM(UTC)
hobobob52

I just a note to the clowns at whirlpool to resolve this EXACT same issue. The chamber at the bottom of the basket is a 'flotation' chamber and needs to remain sealed. You can drill holes in it to drain it but you should probably seal them back up after draining. The basket actually floats up and down during a wash cycle in order to engage and disengage the basket from the 'agitator' disk.
hobobob52  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:13:41 AM(UTC)
hobobob52

I have the same problem even when there are NO clothes in the basket. If you run through a drain & spin cycle with NO clothes you will experience the out-of-balance condition as well. I believe, as it looks like you do, that the accumulated water inside the base of the basket is what is causing this unbalanced condition. If you drill holes in the basket to drain it be sure not to upset the balance of the basket assembly as a whole. The basket spins at upwards of 1000 rpm and requires fairly precise balance to achieve this high rpm.
hobobob52  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:36:01 AM(UTC)
hobobob52

i put a post out here yesterday saying suggesting to drill holes in the basket to let out the water htat is trapped inside. THAT INFO WAS ERRONEOUS and based on bad information I received from other repair sources. SORRY. I since found out that the water that is inside the basket assembly IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE and it is there to help balance the basket during spin. If the basket is out of balance during spin, it is most likely caused by weakened suspension system parts.
blammers  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:50:46 PM(UTC)
blammers

That is what I needed to know.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply