Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RTPM  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:03:01 PM(UTC)
RTPM

Groups: Registered

The washer fills, agitates,pumps out the water as it rinses. but does not spin.I've tried the following:
1.While the machine was off,I rotated the drum, turned it on, then it spun but not fast enough.
2. As per a Whirlpool rep's suggestion, I unplugged the machine, waited 3 minutes, plugged it in and the spin cycle operated but not very fast so the garments were very soggy.

What part(s) are needed?

Thanks for a reply ASAP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dnlow  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:10:21 PM(UTC)
dnlow

Sounds like the common lid switch problem for this type of washer. Can you here a click when the lid is closed? Depending on what type you need should be a $20 to $25 part. I would search the internet for something like " how to replace lid switch Whirlpool washer". You should find many videos on how to do this very simple repair.
RTPM  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:01:56 AM(UTC)
RTPM

Thank you for such a quick reply. :)

But wouldn't the lid switch also affect other cycles,too? Those appear to be working correctly.

Yes, I do hear a click when I close the door. Is that good or bad?
dnlow  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:53:26 AM(UTC)
dnlow

Sorry I miss read the whole paragraph. Lid switch seems good. I would think the problem is with the brakes or the clutch. Again a search of the internet will prove helpful in determining exactly what is the problem.
RTPM  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:04:10 PM(UTC)
RTPM

Thank you for the clarification. I hope it's not too difficult to check the brake and or clutch so the problem can be corrected quickly.
RTPM  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 8:03:52 AM(UTC)
RTPM

[FONT=&quot]Whirlpool washer: not spinning[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model: LSQ9030PQ1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Solution: Replace the clutch[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If all the other functions are working properly, but it’s not spinning, replacing the clutch may be the solution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The clutch repair kit contained all the replacement parts; but all may not be needed as was our case. Since our plastic drive cam was in good condition we did not use the new one. So that was one less part to remove and saved time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] As with most jobs, “many hands make light work.” And you’ll need a helper for this job. While the machine’s apart, take the time to clean any dust & dirt especially on the motor. We took the motor outside & used an air compressor to blow all the dust out. Upon reassembly, the washer performed perfectly. The spin function was fast & smooth as it should be. The clothes took much less time to dry. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Appliance Parts Pros diagrams helped but there wasn’t any video for clutch repair. Since the performance of the clutch is necessary for the cycles to work efficiently, a video would be a big help to DIYers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The technical support on the Repair Forum was surprisingly quick: less than 24 hrs. However, speaking with a technician would have been quicker. Regardless,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] we will definitely use this site again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you dnlow.:)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply