Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ajm1979  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:08:02 PM(UTC)
ajm1979

Groups: Registered

My front load washer by kenmore or whoever the correct mfg is does not agitate or spin. I went through the test on the tech sheet. My drain pump works. It fills with water and then pumps it out. I did second test for motor and took the belt off and set timer to regular wash and seen the motor did not spin with belt off.
It told me to check for poor connection between timer line switch and door lock switch. I took timer out and looked at connection and contacts. Cleaned with electonic cleaner. Plugged it back it. no difference.
Removed door lock switch and did a resistance test with ohm meter. I did not get a zero reading so i thought it was bad and went to a supply house locally to get a new one. Before i bought it the supplier let me do a test on that one and it came up the same as mine reading 0. So i came back to the tech sheet and did the six pin voltage check on the speed control harness. the voltage between pin 5 and 6 was 0 which told me to check between timer switch line and door lock switch. I have read other posts that my timer may be bad. others said door lock switch but i have not found a way to check the switch. Mearsuring resistance did seem to work. Also wondering if it is a speed control. Need help!
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:01:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ajm1979 Go to Quoted Post
...Removed door lock switch and did a resistance test with ohm meter...

How did you do it?

What was the exact result?

Gene.
ajm1979  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:18:05 PM(UTC)
ajm1979

Thanks for replying, I originally checked it for resistance by pairs on each prong that it had a wiring harness plugged into. Was not sure that was correct because there are three wiring harnesses that plug into the switch. I presently found a blown up picture of the switch with the cover off and I am now attempting to see if i can figure out how i would check it.
Any thoughts?
ajm1979  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:29:29 PM(UTC)
ajm1979

To follow my last post, I just mearsured the resistance on the wax motor which which ended up to be about 1755 ohms. Not sure if that is good or not ?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:41:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Besides the wax motor there is a set of switches in the door lock assembly and the problem can be there. A faulty door lock is a well known problem with such washers. On the other side a bad timer can be a problem as well.

You may want to order both parts and later return unneeded one.

- The door lock assembly Part number: AP4455026
Part number: AP4455026

- The timer Part number: AP3718629
Part number: AP3718629

Gene.
ajm1979  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:22:08 PM(UTC)
ajm1979

Hi Gene,
Thank you for your advise. I know have another issue to add to the confusion.
I read on the forum where someone tried to bypass the door switch to see if it would cause the washer to spin. Well as you might remember The drain pump would work and the water also came in and the indicator lights would light for spin mode and door locked mode. Now I get nothing...like there is no power at all. What I tried to do (which i should not have done) was bypass the switch by jumping thinge two leads that go to the door latch switch. I tried one lead at a time to see if it would spin, nothing. Not sure which component cause it, may have been when i tried jumping out the wax motor that i caused the breaker to pop in the house. After i did that I got no indicator lights no pump motor working, nothing. The last thing I did was checked for continuity of the fuse on the speed control board. It is good. Then measured volts on the 6 pin harness between the 5 & 6 pin and got about 2.5 volts. also checked volts on the timer harness, one of those leads gave me 120 volts and the others very little or none. On the water pump it measured low volts, for get exactly how much. Also have low volts coming off the 3 leads that connect to the door switch.
So do you think still timer or door switch since i get nothing now. I set the timer to start and i get nothing...no lights, no water pump. nothing?
If you think i need to do , how do I check the pump? Or is all the indicator lights and pump etc controlled by the timer or Door lock switch?
Should have left it alone and ordered both parts as you advised but was trying to narrow it down to save some money and now who knows what i messed up. Need your help.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:49:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

You said:
Quote:
...but was trying to narrow it down to save some money...

How much money were you going to save if any part ordered from APP is returnable?

It is time to stop testing and start order the parts. I hope the speed control board is still alive because the fuse checks ok, so order the timer and the door lock. Hopefully the rest of the washer is still good.

Gene.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:50:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

You said:
Quote:
...but was trying to narrow it down to save some money...

How much money you were going to save if any part ordered from APP is returnable?

It is time to stop testing and start order the parts. I hope the speed control board is still alive because the fuse checks ok, so order the timer and the door lock. Hopefully the rest of the washer is still good.

Gene.
ajm1979  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
ajm1979

Hi Gene,
Rec'd both parts today(timer and door lock switch) and installed both of them. Still nothing. Whatever i did when I blew the house breaker caused no power to the washer. I did check the wall outlet and that has power. The washer is not getting power.
As I said in my last post I did check the fuse on the speed control board and that tested good. Not sure what to check next ??
Gene  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:55:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Due to the new circumstances you may want to take the tech sheet and start over the troubleshooting from the very first point. Do not return the parts yet. You might need them.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply