Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Duane Luetkenhaus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:00:39 PM(UTC)
Duane Luetkenhaus

Groups: Registered

The serial number is ZH150825G. When I try to turn the pull knob that is located on the right side of my GE washer, it does not turn the dial in front of it. In other words, I cannot move the dial that selects the different wash cycles. I can manually turn the dial with two fingers to the proper selection and the washer goes through the cycle without any problems.
Please tell me what parts I need.

Thanks,
Duane Luetkenhaus
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RBG1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:20:14 AM(UTC)
RBG1

Groups: Registered

Duane,

Hopefully your problem has been resolved by now (since more than 7 months have gone by!). However, since nobody posted a solution, I wanted to do so for the benefit of others.

We have a GE WJRR4170 washer, with the same problem. At first I thought I might have to unscrew the entire control panel just to replace the knob. However, it turns out to be easy.

Right behind the knob, holding it in place, is a nylon/plastic retainer clip. If you pull out the knob (into the "start" position), you can use a flathead screwdriver to push the clip out. The knob then will slide easily off the metal stem. A GE replacement knob costs $9 or $10, depending on the source.

Shame on GE, but the knob is designed terribly. The part of it that engages the dial has eight, flimsy plastic teeth. At any time, four of these are supposed to engage four little slots in the dial. However, the way the knob is designed, there will be a lot of wear and tear on these plastic teeth, so they'll wear out on every single machine.

Good luck to the many people who will have this problem!

Ron
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply