Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
painoir  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
painoir

Groups: Registered

There is a problem with my Whirlpool washing machine. The problem is it does not drain water out from the machine. When I put the machine on the wash cycle, the machine washed. Then the water should go out, but the water stays in. The machine then stops. When I put in the rinse cycle, the machine runs with dirty water. When I turn the switch to the spin cycle, the machine does nothing. I try to open the cover, and the machine still runs. What parts do I need to solve that problem? I appreciate your time and effort concerning this matter.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 7:38:46 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: painoir Go to Quoted Post
There is a problem with my Whirlpool washing machine. The problem is it does not drain water out from the machine. When I put the machine on the wash cycle, the machine washed. Then the water should go out, but the water stays in. The machine then stops. When I put in the rinse cycle, the machine runs with dirty water. When I turn the switch to the spin cycle, the machine does nothing. I try to open the cover, and the machine still runs. What parts do I need to solve that problem? I appreciate your time and effort concerning this matter.

Painoir,

Sounds like you have a defective lid switch assembly,

Part number: AP3094500
Part number: AP3094500

If the switch circuit is not activated properly, the washer will fill and wash, but it won't spin and drain. You also want to check the switch actuator tab, attached to the lid, make sure it's not missing or broken.

That's where we need to start.

:) :) :)
shotgunt2  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 7:11:11 PM(UTC)
shotgunt2

i have an 1980's model whirlpool wash machine and this machine does not drain but it keeps recirculating the water. It washes and spins can you help me please and thank you I would appreciate it? its driving me nutts not knowing whats wrong with it...
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 8:28:03 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What's the model number?
shotgunt2  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 8:55:13 PM(UTC)
shotgunt2

the whirlpool wash machine model number is LA5310XPWO if you know whats wrong and you can give a video please do?
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:32:13 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

This is a very old (85) belt drive machine. Great machines but hard to explain how they operate. Need to know what position the agitate cam bar is in when you are in drain/spin cycle, forward or back?

Here's the parts manual for your washer:
http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/assets/pdfs/literature/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20388302.pdf

Eric
shotgunt2  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:49:39 PM(UTC)
shotgunt2

is there a video on this washer ?
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:40:42 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

We don't have any video's on these old models. Take the back cover off and check the position of the agitate cam bar while you are in drain or spin cycle. It should be pulled all the way back as in this photo. On the other end of the bar there is a notch that fits over a lever on the drain pump. In agitate cycle, the bar is pushed forward and the pump is set to recirculate while in drain or spin cycle, the bar is pulled back and the pump is set to drain. You would need to check to see if the pump lever is being operated properly. If it is, but won't drain, then the pump may be faulty or there may be something blocking the drain hoses.

Eric

UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply