Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
woodworkingdan@sbcglobal.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:41:44 AM(UTC)
woodworkingdan@sbcglobal.

Groups: Registered

My Sears Elite Calypos is 7 years old with normal useage for two people will not pump out the water. The the drain cycle make a sound as if teeth are missing in a cog made of plastic and the water will not pump out of the washer. The Sears repair man was out to give and estament and said the pump is bad and he can replace it for $360.00... But, he wants to replace othe part not related to the pump. By replaceing the pump amd motor combo will this solve my problam. By the way the washer has never had any problam in the past.

Also, Were can I get a picture of the repair with parts so that I pull and replace the pump correctly?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:02:52 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The pump assembly is the likely failure, but the sump may also be partially stopped up preventing water flow. The pump (AP3776224)is located under the washer and isn't to difficult to replace, but it takes time if the washer if full of water. I don't know what other parts the tech would be referring to, unless you are having additional problems. They have been known to make noise during use which would indicate a need for a u-joint kit. If you are going to do the work yourself, start bailing water out, just to same some time. The pump is under the bottom panel held in place with three screws. Have towels handy as all the water from the sump will be in your lap quickly. The new pump and motor slide into place where the old one comes out. Three screws, move one connector and two hoses and your done.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply