Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordsawyer  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 8:48:21 PM(UTC)
fordsawyer

Groups: Registered

We've got an older GE top loading washing machine it suddenly quit going through the cycles. I can move the dial manually and the cycles work fine but the timer that moves the machine automatically through them isn't working. I've been timing each cycle myself and manaully advancing the dial when it's time for the next. Is there any way you diagnose from this much information which component has failed? Is it actually the timer motor or another component that directs the timer? Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem to find out what I actually need? I've got the front panel off but I haven't begun to remove any parts. It looks very complex with a twisted maze of wires running in all directions. Do you think I would be able to find some kind of timer motor that would be compatible with an older machine like this? I don't even know how old it actually is but I haven't found any reference for this model anywhere. It's been a very very good washer though and I would like to repair it if it is still worth doing.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.