Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
como  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 5:47:23 PM(UTC)
como

Groups: Registered

I would like a few tips on things to replace or do to improve the washing effects of my washer.I have tried to run a full hot water cycle w/3 cups of viniger w/ no luck.I thinking of a new belt.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixtec90  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:35:31 PM(UTC)
fixtec90

Groups: Senior Expert

I'm sure that your belts are very glazed. Replacing them would likely help. Also, did you know that there is a lint filter located inside your agitator? If not I bet it's very dirty conciding your washer is about as old as I am. You have a beautiful machine I hope you can get working to your satisfaction. It would be well worth the money to call a pro if needed. If you end up needing a part you'll want to hurry. They're stating to discontinue parts like crazy for old Maytags, and it's a shame. I have worked hard through the years to convince customers to hang on to those washers.
como  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:01:45 PM(UTC)
como

Groups: Registered

I will replace both belts.Can you tell me if I have to remove anything or loosen anything to replace both belts.I have tried to clean the filter inside the agitator but find it difficult to clean it very well,any suggestions.I love my machine and thanks for all the help!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:31:38 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would move the motor on it's rollers to make sure it moves freely, if not, clean/ lubricate the rollers. If there are burn marks on the belt, do the following.
Tip the washer back, turn the tranny pulley till it starts to spin. If difficult to turn, you might have spin bushing going bad, or something in the tub. Post results.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply