Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
genweld  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 5:17:23 PM(UTC)
genweld

Groups: Registered

I did a diagnostic test C00-008 after the washer failed to drain. When it gets to C06 (drain) it won't advance to the next cycle and the pump makes a sound like it needs to be primed or the impeller is slipping. In the beginning of this problem I was able to get the tub to drain by running it empty on the Drain/spin option. I tried it again with no luck. I also tried unplugging the machine for a while with the hopes of reseting the computer. Still no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:22:56 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Remove the lower panel and in the middle will the be while sump clean out. Have towels handy because any water inside the sump will quickly be in your lap. Open the clean out and see if it is full of 'stuff' that may be slowing the flow of the drain water.
genweld  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:04:55 AM(UTC)
genweld

Hi Brian,
Thanks for responding. I did check the cleanout and it was clear. I tried the diagnostics angain and when it got to C06 (drain) the pump sounded like it needed to be primed or the impeller was slipping. It would not advance to the next cycle. Do you think it's time for a pump/motor assembly. Washer is about 5 yrs. old.

Thanks again
Tony
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:12:07 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

It sounds like water may be remaining the in the sump area, and if you are hearing cavitation sounds, and the sump is clean, I would pull the pump off the side of the clean out and see if the impeller is loose on the motor shaft, or even has a broken fin or two. The result will still be to replace the pump, but at least you would know what was going on.
genweld  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:08:44 PM(UTC)
genweld

Hi Brian,

I will do what you suggest. However, I'll add this little twist. My wife can do light loads of wash and the washer works normally. If she tries to do a heavier load like jeans or towels the washer won't drain, and pretty much stops at that cycle. If everything checks out OK with the pump do you think it could be some kind of sensor.

Thanks again.
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:47:04 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

You may want to do the pressure switch tests to verify it is working OK. The amount of water is monitored by the pressure switch as set by the control board. You mentioned the pump sounds like it needs to be primed, and I am assuming this is while there is still water in the tub. I am wondering the reason for the noise if there is water to pump. If the pump clean out is not blocking the flow of water, is there anything possibly in the sump (the rubber hose connecting the tub to the pump) that may be slowing the flow? A larger load is going to use more water than an small load so it may not be able to drain quick enough. If you are running the diagnostics and it won't go past the drain test, I would again look into the operation of the pressure switch, and then the control board. But verify there is absolutely noting that is blocking the flow of water. You wouldn't believe the things I have pulled from sumps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply