Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joville  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:26:22 PM(UTC)
joville

Groups: Registered

My Maytag washer stopped running through the cycles automatically, so I installed a new timer but still have the same problem.

I can rotate the timer physically through the cycles(and they all seem to do what its supposed to do) any suggestions what to try next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:05:53 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well the new timer should have fixed it, and since it didn't I would clean all of the contacts with a good electrical contact cleaner and then check all the wiring, something may be amiss there but a lot of times it is hard to find.
joville  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:40:14 PM(UTC)
joville

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well the new timer should have fixed it, and since it didn't I would clean all of the contacts with a good electrical contact cleaner and then check all the wiring, something may be amiss there but a lot of times it is hard to find.

I checked all the wiring for loose/disconect (not sure what to check with my digital must be 20 plus wires in the harness) visually checked power circuit board near the timer, no evidence of burn marks.

I was surprised to find another power circuit board in the bottom lower front right side (half the sizeof the upper power circuit board)

All the washer functions work when I physically move the timer to each cycle (the new/old timer just will not move automately, wouldn't that indicate that the cycles are receiving signals (so what else would stop the timer from rotating automatically?)

Again thanks for any input to a solution

Joville
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply