Discuss

Agitator "dogs" replacement

in

Washer Repair

. "

I purchased the "dogs" for my Whirlpool washer and now I need to replace them. Can you tell me the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Agitator "dogs" replacement

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 PM

nickthomas is on a distinguished road
Default Agitator "dogs" replacement
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I purchased the "dogs" for my Whirlpool washer and now I need to replace them. Can you tell me the steps or send me the replacement instructions?
thx, Nick

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

kayakcrzy will become famous soon enough

Pull off top part of the agitator, where mama puts the fabric softener in, and then reach down, the center of the agitator, and pull off the cover that has a ridge going down the center. Once you remove that, you will see the screw, that you need to take out. Once you remove that, pull the agitator up and out. Now we need to seperate the top part of the agitator from the bottom section. So, put the agitator on the floor, and step on each side of the base of the agitator, and grab the auger part, and pull up hard and fast. Once you do that you will be able to get to the dogs from there. When you put it back together, line up the two nibbles on the base shaft to the two slits on the auger part, and set it on top of it, and get two screw drivers, and put them on each side, and press down hard at the same time, to set the auger. Good Luck. Tom ********************************************
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.