Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
floralaloha  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 6:33:07 AM(UTC)
floralaloha

Groups: Registered

Our washer has become a money pit :(

The problem is that the water wasn't filling correctly- we had to manually push in and pull out the dial to get it to fill up- 20 times, click in, click out. Ok the washer has water in it, it goes through the load, and works fine. When it hits the rinse cycle, the water won't fill again. Click in and out manually to put water in, then manually turn to the spin cycle, and it spins and drains.

Ok, so our first thought was: needs a new timer. We replaced that, same problem persisted.

Next, we bought a new water valve. Even paid some repairman $40 to come over and fix it, but he couldn't figure it out, and he's "been in the business 15 years".

He told us it's either the water temperature sensor that's broken, or the water switch. The washer has a temp. sensor on there, and the water temp never worked right from day 1- it either only lets you use hot or cold water, depending which way we set up the hook-up, but we can't use the water temp option. I asked the "repair" man if he could just turn off or over-ride the temp switch, and he didn't know how to do this.

At this point, we've spent over $100 to repair this stupid thing. I feel like we *must* be close to fixing it, b/c we've eliminated the timer and the water valve as the issue.... It's probably just an inexpensive part left to buy now, but what and how? I really can't go out and buy a new washer. And after getting burned on Craigslist to buy this washer that was broken when we bought it, I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Please help??? Thank you SO much!!!
Carrie G.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.