Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 1:10:34 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This washer flashed a F71 code which means bad ccu if the motor fails to run. Press the start button and get a beep, the door locks but nothing lights up. Hope someone has seen this before, thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:35:18 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Haven't had that problem or that error code, but almost every one of these things I have had to fix involved a problem with the door lock assembly or the wiring associated with it.

I have had that even when it locks.

Hope this helps, these Duet's are just, well you know what they are . . .
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:36:04 AM(UTC)
richappy

Thanks Sidfink43. This washer is so new, I had no idea how to take the door switch out, screws hidden behind a front plastic panel. But for your info. I did fix a Maytag dishwasher with a very similar problem by removing the ribbon cable from the touchpad and spraying with contact cleaner.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:01:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Thanks for that tip. Yeah, sosmetimes with problems like this I take the thing apart, clean everything, put it back together and it is fixed and I have no idea what was wrong or what I did to repair it.
cjdaniel  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:54:44 PM(UTC)
cjdaniel

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
This washer flashed a F71 code which means bad ccu if the motor fails to run. Press the start button and get a beep, the door locks but nothing lights up. Hope someone has seen this before, thanks in advance.

mine seemed to go into some kind of a diagnostic mode ,now all I get is three beeps when you press the power button, how did you get an error code. sounds like our circuts are fried.big trouble for a fairly expensive machine.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 1:23:45 AM(UTC)
richappy

You can try a new ccu, you can return it if it fails to fix the problem.
cjdaniel  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 1:38:07 PM(UTC)
cjdaniel

You can try a new ccu, you can return it if it fails to fix the problem.

WOW sounds expensive thanks for the input.
spike54  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:20:46 AM(UTC)
spike54

I just repaired my Whirlpool Duet washer that had the same problem...f71 code and only 3 beeps when pressing the power button (only the control panel lock button will function). Although the manual shows the possibility of the CCU failing, (I replaced it to no avail) the problem was solved by replacing the MCU. The code readout is so generic...don't take so much stock in what it says is defective. A simple way to isolate is to unplug the 3 conductor plug from the CCU to the MCU, if the power button and all other lights on the panel appear as normal, the MCU is defective! Hope this helps!
richappy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 11:29:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

I remember a statement that a failure code can come from a failed mcu. Unpluging the mcu will clear the failure code. This sort of confirms that as the failure code whent away in your case, is that correct.
Goneal7  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 5:25:20 PM(UTC)
Goneal7

I just repaired my Duet washer. Code F11. Read the posts on this forum. Ran diagnostics. Pulled both CCU and MCU Boards out of their housings. Inspection behind the MCU circuit board showed a burned spot on the housing in the center of the board length on the plug side about an inch from the edge. This is the area of the board with a glob of white rubbery substance on it. Replaced the MCU board. washer works again. This machine is 7 years old and this is the first issue I've had with it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply