Discuss

GE Front Load Washer won't tumble/spin

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hi Dean, The belt is elastic. When reinstalling the belt, ensure the belt is positioned to track in the 7

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » GE Front Load Washer won't tumble/spin

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi Dean,

The belt is elastic. When reinstalling the belt, ensure the belt is positioned to track in the 7 outer grooves of the motor pulley. Turn the tub drive pulley and roll the belt on the pulley.

It's maybe a good idea to replace the belt.

- The belt Part number: WH08X10024

Part number: WH08X10024

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 AM

dpcummings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Hi Dean,

The belt is elastic. When reinstalling the belt, ensure the belt is positioned to track in the 7 outer grooves of the motor pulley. Turn the tub drive pulley and roll the belt on the pulley.

It's maybe a good idea to replace the belt.

- The belt Part number: WH08X10024

Part number: WH08X10024

Gene.
Gene,
Thanks. Why would they not put a groove in the tub pulley to hold the belt in place? Ordering a new belt, thanks for the part number.

Regards,
Dean
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

You are welcome Dean. Keep us posted.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM

jabolen25 is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced motor and Inverter per GE service guys visit

Gene,

Digging up an old topic....I have had similar problems with my WCVH6400J0WWW washer. Ge repair guy said it was motor and inverter in which I have replaced both with new parts. Reset T01 to "3" and old error code was 55 (Motor). The machine will not spin/tumble during tests or obviously when I try to wash a load. Any advice? I am $450 in parts and still no fix.

thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-04-2014, 05:05 AM

Miltown is on a distinguished road
Default Can only make the rinse cycles work? Huh?

Hi All,

First, thanks for all this - very helpful. In brief, I have run all the diagnostic tests after resetting the error codes to E00. Any test involving spinning or tumbling fails but doesn't generate an error. Tested the red and blue wires in the inverter with a volt meter and get 123v when the motor is supposed to be turning.

BUT: I am able to consistently do the following:

1. start the washer normally
2. put into rinse/spin or drain/spin modes and press start.
3. washer seems to start the cycle, basket starts to tumble, then simply stops
4. at this point, if I press the start/pause button to pause, wait a minute, then press the same button twice, the basket begins to spin like it is supposed to and eventually ramps up to it's top speed and properly completes the cycle.

Huh?

Since it is able to ramp up the spin properly, it seems that the motor is fine and the inverter is able to properly control the motor speed - yet the disgnostic spin tests don't do squat.

It doesn't add up - anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Miltown
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.