Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UCGR  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:08:43 PM(UTC)
UCGR

Groups: Registered

Maytag Extra Large Capacity Heavy Duty Washer appears to be working fine. The exception appeared about a week ago where the clothing remained wet upon the completion of the cycle. A slight burning smell coupled with a brief squeaking noise has been encountered about three different times towards the end of the cycle. Any idea as what may be the issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:52:54 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Replace both belts and lube the motor mount. It will be like NEW!!!!:)
UCGR  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:39:13 PM(UTC)
UCGR

Thanks for the advice! I did replace the two belts and verified the ease of movement at the Motor Mount. Will Lube it as per your suggestion. Nevertheless, the problems continues.
A new discovery is the fact that the Spin does not occur, henceforth the clothes remaining wet. I did remove the front and the top cover. This allowed me to feel the reasonable effort required to turn the drum. Plus the Motor windings do not appear bright orange as usual, but seem to have had heat issue. How does one verify the normal operational strength of the Motor? The pump runs fine and so does the agitation, But no spinning of drums. Is it the brakes or the Bearing? Or is it the main Switch that deals with the sequence of actions? Your thoughts and assistance shall be much appreciated.
Drags1998  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:27:04 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Check for an article of clothing stuck between the tubs (at the top of the tubs, Put your hand between them and run your hand around that gap.:)
UCGR  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 12:44:37 PM(UTC)
UCGR

Thanks Drags1998! There appears to be no clothing stuck between the tubs insofar as I can see from the top. Could there be something between the bottom of the tubs ? Perhaps it is an issue arising from improper function of the brakes. The transmission appears ok since one direction operates the centre spindle and the other direction operates the tub. Although I should mention that that the turning of the tub requires some effort! Thanks in advance for any further thoughts!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply