Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zaphod6190  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 12:26:20 PM(UTC)
Zaphod6190

Groups: Registered

First I would like to thank the site owners. This is great information and help everyone is getting.

I've searched through the site and forums and haven't found anything that matches what I seem to have going on.

My issue is my teenage daughter severely overloaded our washing machine last week. I mean there were so many clothes in it that I couldn't believe she actually got them all in there.

The tub is really loose. It moves in any direction at least 6 inches. The actual tub seems to want to go to the right and stay there when empty.

The washing machine now makes a very strange noise when in the spin cycle. Kind of a rhythimic thumping. I took the front off the washer and observed the moving parts while the machine was spinning. I could see where the sheet metal piece attached to the motor where I believe the shipping rod goes through was hitting the adjacent piece of sheet metal from the bottom of the machine. That is where some of the noise was coming from.

The rest of the noise appears to be coming from around the back of the tub.

I checked the nut that holds the tub to the transmission and it appears to be tight.

I observed the agitator and spin basket during normal washing and the spin basket moves back and forth a little bit during normal washing. By a little bit I'd say maybe 10 degrees or so before it stops. It follows the direction of the agitator.

I checked the suspension rods and shock rods and all appear to be ok. That is they don't appear to be broken.

The rubber straps at the top of the tub don't appear to be doing anything. I don't know if they stretched out or if they are supposed to have that much slack in them. I ordered new ones from this site just in case.

I have a question on the sheet metal piece that attaches to the motor that the shipping rod goes through. Should that be on the left or right side of the piece of sheet metal that it rubs up against that come from the bottom of the washer? Right now the piece from the motor is on the right side of the piece from the bottom.

Any other thoughts on what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks again for a great site!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.