Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fogf1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 6:32:22 AM(UTC)
fogf1

Groups: Registered

My GE frontloader sounds like it's about to take off during the spin cycle. It doesn't matter how much is in the tub, it always sounds the same. Sometimes I hear a slight grinding sound as it slows down. As it was just spinning I took the cover off the unit and the sound seems to be coming from the rear of the tub where the belt drive is. Is there a bearing that supports the unit that could be faulty?
Model # WBVH5100HWW s/n: AM205584T
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

David F  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:46:02 AM(UTC)
David F

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fogf1 Go to Quoted Post
My GE frontloader sounds like it's about to take off during the spin cycle. It doesn't matter how much is in the tub, it always sounds the same. Sometimes I hear a slight grinding sound as it slows down. As it was just spinning I took the cover off the unit and the sound seems to be coming from the rear of the tub where the belt drive is. Is there a bearing that supports the unit that could be faulty?
Model # WBVH5100HWW s/n: AM205584T

Yes there are bearings in the rear 'half' of the outer tub. Unfortunately there are not available as a separate item from the manufacturer's or normally through authorised repairers. To see the rear 'half' of the tub please visit: -
Tub & motor replacement parts for General Electric WBVH5100H0WW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com
Should there be a dirty brown stain down the back of the outer drumn starting at where the pulley is mounted this is a further indication that the shaft seal has also failed.
Before rushing to order the rear half of the outer tub I would check the condition of the spider and shaft, part of item 311 on the above referenced diagram.
Good Luck and please let us know how you get on.
:eek: ?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply