Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dexgiroux  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:05:49 AM(UTC)
dexgiroux

Groups: Registered

Amana top-load cloths washer model no. ALW480DAW makes a clicking noise during the mid-range of the spin-dry/water-drain cycle. There appears to not be any excessive out-of-balance nor does the clicking sound occur during the first (slow) part of the spin cycle nor at the top-end (fast) part of the spin. The Helix functions properly and is not the source of the sound. It seems to be coming from either just above or below the transmission, possibly in the bearings. Could the roller bearing / one-way-clutch be the problem and if so, is there an easy way to replace it other then disassembling the whole washer as seems to be suggested in the service manual I found on-line at http://www.scribd.com/doc/8677902/Amana-Top-Load-Washer-Service-Manual?from_email_04_friend_send=1 ?
Also, is the roller bearing part of the transmission assembly ... do I need to buy the whole transmission to get that bearing?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.