Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bikerdav  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:40:58 AM(UTC)
Bikerdav

Groups: Registered

We have an OasisHE washer purchased 1/07 that now has a bad bearing sound in spin cycle that sounds much louder recently. When I tipped machine and manually turned the rotor I could feel what I would describe as a rough bearing. So I think I narrowed it down. I would like to ask what specifically needs to be replaced as it would be nice to order before I tear it down.

I have been to Sears parts direct site with the diagram and looks like it could be Hub, 280145 or Hub main rotor 280146, or?? Thanks anyone!
Dave

KENMORE ELITE | Model #11027087604 | RESIDENTIAL WASHER | MOTOR, BASKET AND TUB PARTS | SearsPartsDirect.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bikerdav  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:59:18 PM(UTC)
Bikerdav

I found manual L-81 here. Good source! Anyway, will figure it out with this manual and of course thru a teardown.
http://appliancejunk.com...s/index.php?topic=2931.0
Bikerdav  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 6:00:56 PM(UTC)
Bikerdav

This is a follow-up to my noise problem. I replaced the tub assembly "Tub-outer" part 8579508 $129.31 from Sears. It fixed the screaming during spin cycle and general load bearing noise during all phases of ops. After removing the shaft, two bearings and seal I found that the seal probably allowed moisture into the top bearing which caused bearing wash and noise. Now, if I would have taken the time I would have researched and found two bearings and a seal and I might have been able to fix for $15!

I also have to replace the Electronic control part W10189966 $165.99 because of constant F1 repeats upon start up approx. three times until a good wash starts. FUN, Kenmore/Whirlpool POS!
Bikerdav  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 6:56:12 PM(UTC)
Bikerdav

I replaced Electronic control unit and so far no more F1 start up fails. I believe if I would not have done this myself as a homeowner replacing the tub almost puts the total over the top for washer replacement. Also the manual(s) I mentioned have no replacement procedures, no installation.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply