Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jhellewell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:42:15 AM(UTC)
Jhellewell

Groups: Registered

I have a torn boot gasket and need to remove the machine front in order to repair. How is the front of the machine removed from the rest of the machine.
This is a front load washer,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 5:53:30 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

There are very few Bosch posts and replies on this site, in large part because we who respond are just not familiar with the models.

See if you can find a service manual on line or from Bosch.

Sorry, about the best I can do.
Jhellewell  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:56:14 PM(UTC)
Jhellewell

thanks for the update. Bosch will not post any repair manuals on line, they want you to go through one of their approved repair facilities. I was quoted over $250 in labor and to be fair the distance they need to drive and time to work this may not be a bad price, If I had a job and was earning a steady income. I was hoping someone who had been trained on the Bosch may post the how to. I have removed fronts on normal machines but I think the Bosch is a bit different and the machine is still quite new so I really dont want to leave damage marks. The wife would not like that.
In any case I have another week before the replacement part arrives to still find the answer.
thanks again for responding.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:35:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well good luck, hope you get it fixed and sorry we could not be more helpful.
Jhellewell  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 10:23:55 AM(UTC)
Jhellewell

I found how to remove the frame from the Bosch front load washing machine. This would apply to almost any needed repair that required access to inside parts.
There are two tex screws on the back side/top corners that when removed allows the top to be slid back and removed, exposing the inside of the machine from the top side, I believe the size is T20. This will allow access to the clips holding the controll panel on the front of the machine, be carefull in remove the electrical panel with the plastic clips. Then remove two tex screws on the front of the machine upper right and left corners as well as three down at the floor level (you may need to tip the machine a bit to see them) this will allow the front panel to be lifted up about 1/2 inch so that 4 inside retaining clips will release allowing you to remove the face of the machine. Before lifting the front panel you will need to remove the spring loaded band holding the boot to the panel front. From this point depending on what a person needs to do, more or less of the machine can be accessed.
As far as my future buying of any Bosch appliance the answer is a sounding NO WAY.
Bosch has been most difficult to work with and would supply no information at all. The boot I ordered from them they could not ship for 10 days from date of order ( I only live 30 min car drive from their storehouse). After ordering it I got thinking "this is wrong, I should be able to get it faster than 10 days, "authorized" repair shop I called could get it in 5 days. I found it through a after market on line source that shipped in 2 days, I received it, installed it, it works great and $10 cheeper than Bosch. Then calling Bosch to cancell that order I found that they require a 25% restocking fee.
It will be the last fee they ever get from me.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 11:11:20 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well I am glad you got it fixed, and sorry to hear about your experience with Bosch, but not surprised.

There is a lot to criticize about the U. S., but we make terrific appliances in this country and have done so for decades, so if and when you are in the market you should do very well with Whirlpool, GE, Maytag or Frigidaire. Plus people like us know how to repair them.

Good luck, thanks for the udpate, it should be helpful to those who view this forum.
Jhellewell  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 11:35:01 AM(UTC)
Jhellewell

Thanks for the reply.
up till now Sears or Maytag are all our families have ever had. But the last set of Maytag I bought gave me a lot of trouble. We bought, Refer, Microwave, Washer, Dryer, Stove, Dishwasher and Trash Compactor (Jenn-Air) all at the same time about 7 years ago and the trash compactor is the only one that has lasted. Our family is grown so the daily use is down from prior years so I thought they would last a lot longer. I was told that Maytag at that time was going through their problems, I found out the hard way.
But I have also been told that they have it back on track now, Are they connected to Whirlpool?
A friend of my wife had a Bosch and so when we went looking that is what she wanted, NOT AGAIN, and she agrees.
Are next set will be back with Maytag.
With my parents time and my time and now my kids time we can account for at least 40 years using Maytag laundry machines.
makes me embarassed that I strayed the last 18 months.
Thaks again for all the replies
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply