Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gyusung  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:47:18 PM(UTC)
gyusung

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I found that my frigidaire washer had leak from the junction of transmition and splash tub. Therefore, I assume that I will need new center tub seal (AP2142342). I managed to remove 5 screws between the innet tub and trunnion. I was trying to take the inner tub out. It wiggles but does not come out. I removed the two screws and a metal plate from the Trunnion but I think they are for removal of outer tub and has nothing to do with the inner tub. Would you please let me know what I am supposed to do? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 3:08:46 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Not being there it is hard to figure out what the problem is, so take a look at this service manual. It has good instructions for what you are trying to do.

http://www.emaservicetips.com/pdfs/489_5.pdf
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 5:23:46 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Looks simple, but probably a two hr job and many parts will need to be cleaned just to get apart.
I would also either buy a spring stretcher or get some thick washers to jam in the springs, makes them easier to get back on, the back ones are almost impossible.
gyusung  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 5:33:13 AM(UTC)
gyusung

Groups: Registered

Thanks, guys.

Yes. I admit that this looked very simple and straight forward. It took 3 hours for me to take out the inner tub. The tub was almost cemented to the trunnion. Removal of the trunnion was even worse. It took 6 hours. I finally got to the seals. They were in very bad shape. Thanks again.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:04:27 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the feed back, now you realize why repair people give a very high estimate for a job like this, a cheap repair compensation for this would drive us out of business.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply