Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonBr  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 7:01:50 PM(UTC)
JonBr

Groups: Registered

I have a 4-year old GE front loading washer (WCVH6260FWW). I have had frequent problems with the pump motor filter clogging up. After removing the 3 screws on the toe panel and unscrewing the filter cylinder insert I have always been able to fix the problem.
This time, when I pressed the start button, the pump motor hummed but nothing happened. The trap was clean. I removed the pump (not difficult). It is a Hanning Elektro-Werke # DPO 40-018 FZ98. From a previous post, I believe that calls for your part number AP4324598. I checked the pump and did not notice anything obviously wrong. I cleaned it and re installed it. I got the same humming and I can feel vibrations when I touch the pump.
I am not sure how to tell if the pump motor is bad. A previous answer to a post said something like; test to see if there is voltage to the wires. If there is it needs to be replaced. I can do some mechanical things but I am an idiot about electrical testing. Can you explain that a little more? Or if not, can I just order the part and try it and return it if it doesn't fix my problem? Thanks, Jon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.