Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xevier69  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:05:05 AM(UTC)
xevier69

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I was wondered if someone can give me suggestion on my Kenmore washer that died last night. The unit was purchased in Canada thru Sears and model number is 970-C40042-00 which is very similar to Frigidaire LTF530FS0. This is a front loading machine. The unit worked fine with little louder spining than normal until last night. The unit stopped in the middle of washing cycle and the drum would not rotate. I manually advanced the timer by one step and the drain pump started working, then another step to final spin and nothing. Then I decided to move it back to the begining of cycle and the water dispencer hot / cold seems to be working ok. Then again no matter what position the timer was at there was no drum movement. Apparently when the timer was positioned in the middle of cycle the whole machime vibrates a bit. I had the feeling that some motor must be working. There was also some water at the bottom indicating a minor leak. When I managed to open the door I moved the drum from inside and it moved freely.
So, I hope this is not too confusing. Any idea what's wrong with it? Is it cooked?
Thanks
xevier69
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.