Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mommahuck  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:44:20 PM(UTC)
mommahuck

Groups: Registered

When I turn my washer on, the cold water is barely a trickle. Same goes for the rinse cycle. I have disconnected the hose from the back of the washer and removed the valve screen - there was no blockage. I replaced the valve screen, then I put the end of the hose into a bucket & ran the water - the hose flowed freely. I also removed the other end of the hose from the faucet - there is no valve screen there. The hot water runs perfectly. What else could it be if neither the hose nor the valve screen are clogged?? I never use hot water.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:37:03 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Test to see if 120 volts is getting to the cold water valve when it is supposed to be filling. If it is, then you should replace the valve assembly.
kanz  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 9:19:51 AM(UTC)
kanz

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: mommahuck Go to Quoted Post
When I turn my washer on, the cold water is barely a trickle. Same goes for the rinse cycle. I have disconnected the hose from the back of the washer and removed the valve screen - there was no blockage. I replaced the valve screen, then I put the end of the hose into a bucket & ran the water - the hose flowed freely. I also removed the other end of the hose from the faucet - there is no valve screen there. The hot water runs perfectly. What else could it be if neither the hose nor the valve screen are clogged?? I never use hot water.

I have the same issue when I use Cold water for the RINSE Cycle. The cold water fills fine initially but when it goes to fill again in the rinse cycle it is a trickle. I have to switch to warm or hot to fill the tube otherwise it takes forever to rinse. Checked the filter screens which are clear and replaced the hoses already. Help!
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 12:54:16 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Test to see if 120 volts is getting to the cold water valve when it is supposed to be filling. If it is, then you should replace the valve assembly.

This is correct advice for this problem. Most likely its the water valve.

If you want help with getting the correct valve, I'll need your model number.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply