Discuss

Whirlpool Washer does not spin

in

Washer Repair

. "

Whirlpool Washer - Ultimate Care II Model # LSQ8543JQ0 Serial # CK3958299 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi all, I found this problem yesterday

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Whirlpool Washer does not spin

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Pittfan is on a distinguished road
Question Whirlpool Washer does not spin
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Whirlpool Washer - Ultimate Care II
Model # LSQ8543JQ0
Serial # CK3958299
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I found this problem yesterday while trying to wash some towels. I'll admit, that I think the towels were left in there for a few days, but I digress.....

I started the washer on Sunday night, and went to bed. The next morning, the washer appeared to have stopped just before the spin cycle. I thought that was really odd. So, I started the cycle over again before I went to work. When I got home, it had stopped in the same exact spot. I tried a different type of wash (low agitation), and watched over it. The water fills fine, and it does agitate the towels. But it doesn't appear to go in to the spin cycle at all. Even if I turn the knob manually. I have not heard any "weird noises" coming from the washer, or any unusual smells.

The water was not draining, but I think this is because it did not allow itself to get in to the "spin cycle".

I noticed a few posts during my search to check the lid pin. Not exactly sure how to "short out the door pin" to try and make it go manually.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Jason

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.