Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madijack  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:47:12 PM(UTC)
madijack

Groups: Registered

80's GE Washer and Dryer - ESD coin slides - I changed the coin slots from $1 (4-quarters) to $1.50 (6 q) and now the hopper is jamming more frequently.
Have to say, the ESD coin slide is setup for up to $2 - 8 quarters at a whack so seems the hopper chute would have been designed to handle that?

The hopper opening into the coin box below has a throat of approximatetly 3/4" deep x 2" wide....since the coins are loaded and initially drop in along the slide direction, they must turn sideways while dropping in the hopper and down through the throat and into the coin box. Seems logical that with 6 quarters at one time they are sometimes getting locked up and starting the jamming.

Anyone with any similar experiences? I am thinking I will just need to disassemble and cut a new hole to the coin box and make a new funnel type hopper.......
pics attached with coin slide removed showing coins jammed up and then empty hopper.........
Thanks for any replies!
madijack attached the following image(s):
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.