Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EdEdwards  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:29:01 AM(UTC)
EdEdwards

Groups: Registered

Washer will fill up but then just sits there. Trying different positions with the dial will make it try to start, but usually just an electrical angry buzz. Tried turning the belt pulley on the bottom by hand, and that works - it turns by hand. By repositioning by turning the pulley got the tub to work for ten seconds, but it made a lot of bad noises, and then stopped with shaking that seemed to come from the housing where the brake parts are. I will check the lid switch but I don't think that's the problem.

1) Does it sound like like something fell apart in the brake housing? I did remove the pulley and cam assembly, but went no further. Need the brake tool so the brake spring does not put a hole in me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:42:19 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Did you try to take the belt off, and turn the pump pully. It could be the pump. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
EdEdwards  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 11:48:45 AM(UTC)
EdEdwards

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Did you try to take the belt off, and turn the pump pully. It could be the pump. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Wow! Thank you kayakcrzy! How did you know that?

I already had the belt off so it was easy to play with the pump pulley. The pump pulley is wobbly, and water comes out of it in certain positions, which I'm pretty sure is not supposed to happen - am I right?

Now I'm sorry I had removed the big center pulley and the cam apparatus, because now I have to figure out how to put the cam back with the correct alignment.

Great advice!

Looking at the parts page, they have listed both a water pump and a pump assembly. What is the difference? There is a price difference.

Thanks again.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 4:09:28 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

the part # is 21001906. Tom
EdEdwards  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 1:26:47 PM(UTC)
EdEdwards

Thank you again! That part number is exactly what I needed.

Now another question if I may. Just want to be absolutely sure this pump assembly is the problem.

I took it out of the washer. In the process I noticed that considerable movement off the axis of the pump shaft was easily possible, and water leaked out when I did this. There is also movement back and forth along the axis - the pulley can go in and out. The delrin or nylon impeller inside the housing could not be easily removed and I did not force it, but I wanted to see if bearings or other parts were messed up inside there. Couldn't do it though. Didn't want to force it. But all that movement, and the water leak just doesn't seem right. How do I know it's bad for sure?
Also, does the new pump assembly come with the pulley? The pulley could not be removed and from the angle of the diagram viewpoint of the washer manual, I could not see if there was a pulley included or not. I have to say, the brass teeth on the shaft where the pulley is attached do not look good - they look like they are sort of beat up. Should I even be able to see them; I mean, should there be that much of a gap between the base plate of the washer and the pulley? Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry.
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:45:48 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

No there should not be that much of a gap. It sounds like the pump is bad by what you are saying. I would replace it. I might even replace the belt because you are there. Tom
EdEdwards  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:50:20 AM(UTC)
EdEdwards

Thanks again kayakcrzy for all the help. We are going to order the part on pay day.
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:44:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Good Luck. Tom
EdEdwards  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 11:02:18 AM(UTC)
EdEdwards

I have another question.

Looking through the washer manual for the PAV2300AWW I noticed there was an exploded view of the water pump. I did everything except remove the impeller from the shaft. It seems that by doing so it may be possible to only replace the seal assembly inside there. From the outside at least the pump looks to be in excellent shape. Any damage must be right there with the seal assembly. That would save us a few bucks.

Is this possible?

Also, we tried to order the part from
but are having no luck. Don't they like us?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply