Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Iverson  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 1:25:55 PM(UTC)
Iverson

Groups: Registered

Hi I'm Iverson

I have ran in service mode and did a quick spin test, and also a quick wash and wrinkle control and gotten a full wash in service mode. But on regular cycles the start pause is like frozen or stuck and won't activate helpme please???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:06:33 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

I’m an owner and will toss this out for a suggestion;
The Service Mode test you ran doesn’t use the Start/Pause at Key Pad function. I feel this could be a bad key issue with the Start/Pause key.

Google this [FIXED] Maytag Neptune Not Responding? read thru the thread and see if you want to do some troubleshooting then come back to this forum.

I worked with this forum member in troubleshooting a Keypad Matrix issue with multiple keys not working. See if you can follow the troubleshooting using a DVM/Ohm meter to nail down the issue. I feel it more then likely it will be a console Key Pad issue. In that thread are Pic’s to show how I check the Console for a key pad malfunction. Use the Key Pad matrix chart on page 20 of the Service Manual for reference.

With no further troubleshooting and if you want to keep the machine I would start by replacing the Console. Just make sure you can return with no restocking fee if the Console Key Pad is not the issue. If you go that route make sure you take care on disconnecting the Console Keypad ribbon cable from the Control Board.

Your familiar with Service Mode and it looks like you have the Service Manual you could run the "Membrane Pad Check" in the Service Manual and I’m sure you will fail the Key Pad test for Start/Pause and possible other Key Pad functions………..Dick
Iverson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:43:13 AM(UTC)
Iverson

Originally Posted by: Iverson Go to Quoted Post
Hi I'm Iverson

I have ran in service mode and did a quick spin test, and also a quick wash and wrinkle control and gotten a full wash in service mode. But on regular cycles the start pause is like frozen or stuck and won't activate helpme please???

I will try to follow your instructions . I Thank You very much.

Enjoy yourself.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply