Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
11newhouse  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:54:17 PM(UTC)
11newhouse

Groups: Registered

My new front load shakes alot more than I expected. It happens when heavy clothes such as jeans or large towels. The manual says stop the machine and readjust items. well with a front load all clothes are on bottom when its stopped how do you readjust. anyway my question is does the machine have counter balance or is this a common problem. This machine has really beat my walls up. all legs are adjusted touching the floor. machine is level. floor is solid. are there any answers.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 3:40:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the rear cover and check the shocks. Remove the top panel and check the suspension springs. Make sure the shipping bolts have been removed as it's advised in the Installation instructions (page 16).

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the GE washer Model WBVH5100H0WW

Gene.
11newhouse  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 5:13:00 PM(UTC)
11newhouse

Groups: Registered

I checked shocks and springs and bolts. All seem to be fine or removed (unless they are weak). The up and down movement seems to be fairly solid but side to side is the problem. The shocks don't look like they can control this side to side movement. I can hold the rear pulley and shake the drum side to side and when I do it hard enough i get the sound we hear which is the plastic stop hitting the metal sides of the washer. It has made dents on the inside and when you look at the outside you can see a bump it has been hitting so much.
Anything else you would recommend
Kip
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 5:56:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Two things I would recommend to try:

1. Reduce the size of load

2. Try to use the Shake Away Pads especially designed to reduce washers vibration.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply