Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kimelaine3  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 6:59:51 PM(UTC)
kimelaine3

Groups: Registered

I think I need to replace the hose airdome on my Neptune washer to correct the overfilling problem. I have removed front and back panels so I can see all of the exposed hose but the other section of the replacement part is inside a section below the tub. How do I get to this area below the tub where the hose airdome is inserted? Are there detailed instructions for installing this replacement part?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:29:24 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kimelaine3 Go to Quoted Post
I think I need to replace the hose airdome on my Neptune washer to correct the overfilling problem. I have removed front and back panels so I can see all of the exposed hose but the other section of the replacement part is inside a section below the tub. How do I get to this area below the tub where the hose airdome is inserted? Are there detailed instructions for installing this replacement part?

Kim,

Here are the instructions to remove and replace the air dome hose for the basic MAH4000 washer.It's not as bad as it sounds, you'll see once you start. Just remember to get evrything seated and attached properly.

The air dome hose connects the pressure switch to the air dome located in the sump area of the outer tub. Routing of the air dome hose passes from the console down the rear wall of the cabinet to the rear sump area of the outer tub. Two holding clips retain the air dome hose to the cabinet away from the belt and pulley.

REMOVAL FROM CONSOLE

1. Disconnect power to the unit.

2. Remove the console .

3. Slide the pressure switch up on the mounting bracket, away from the air dome hose.
The mounting bracket for the pressure switch is secured to the rear panel of the console

4. Pull the air dome hose down through the top cover opening.

REMOVAL FROM OUTER TUB

2. From behind the outer tub, slide off the retainer clip securing the air dome hose to the rear spout of the outer tub.
3. Remove one of the rear baffles.
4. Grasp and lift the airdome hose from the sump area
5. Pull the air dome and hose out through the sump opening in the spin basket

REPLACEMENT/ROUTING

1. Thread the narrow end of the hose through the air dome outlet in the rear of the outer tub . Apply alcohol to lubricate the hose to ease insertion into the outer tub air dome outlet.
2. Secure the retainer clip on the outside ridge of the air dome hose.
3. Push the bent end of the air dome down into the sump area, below the spin basket, making sure the flat rubber tab on the air dome is down inside the drain sump opening.
4. The air dome hose is retained to the rear wall of the cabinet with two clips.

5. Remove all slack in the hose between the upper and lower clips holding the air dome hose. This reduces the potential for noise.
6. Route the air dome hose into the center rear hole in the top cover. Route toward the pressure switch and secure the hose to the pressure switch.

Baffle REMOVAL

2. The three rear baffles within the spin basket are removed by removing the two crosshead screws securing each baffle from inside the spin basket.
( the rear screw holds the baffle to the rear wall of the spin basket, the front baffle screw secures the baffle to the surface of the inner tub).

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

kimelaine3  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:47:11 PM(UTC)
kimelaine3

Groups: Registered

Thanks so much. Your instructions are just what I needed.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:16:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kimelaine3 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much. Your instructions are just what I needed.

Kim,

Great,

And you're welcome.

Drop us a line when you're done,let us know how things went.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply