Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
willowtree  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 8:15:09 AM(UTC)
willowtree

Groups: Registered

:p okay, here we go found the inertial unbalance switches in the outer tub of the washer, this particular switch upper right on outer tub has two wires one blue and one grey, the grey wire is broken to the female connector that attaches to the inertial unbalance switch my question is what part number is this wiring and or how do I fix it? Looks like some one prior to myself has been up to some wire repair and now the wire is a bit short. Would like to remedy this wire issue and commence laundry service to my family soon. P.S. not into complete re-wire of washer at this time in my life.
Thank you for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 11:43:11 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Cut the wire at a convenient spot and splice a piece that is long enough to it. You can do this in a number of different ways, including some nifty connectors that don't necessitate stripping wire. Crimp the appropriate size female connector on the end and attach it to the switch.
willowtree  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:06:23 AM(UTC)
willowtree

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Cut the wire at a convenient spot and splice a piece that is long enough to it. You can do this in a number of different ways, including some nifty connectors that don't necessitate stripping wire. Crimp the appropriate size female connector on the end and attach it to the switch.

Okay will try this, does it matter the gauge of the wire and kind of wire and do I need to wrap it with anything or can it be exposed ie: no tape and if it needs to be wrapped what kind of tape would I need to purchase. I have thin gauge copper wire the spool does not state the gauge.

thank you.:D
willowtree  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:15:04 AM(UTC)
willowtree

Originally Posted by: willowtree Go to Quoted Post
Okay will try this, does it matter the gauge of the wire and kind of wire and do I need to wrap it with anything or can it be exposed ie: no tape and if it needs to be wrapped what kind of tape would I need to purchase. I have thin gauge copper wire the spool does not state the gauge.

thank you.:D

okay, found a site on wire gauge and held it up to screen aprox. 24 gauge cooper wire will this be sufficient or do I need heavier gauge.
thanks again.:D
magician59  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:44:06 AM(UTC)
magician59

I would go with at least a 16 ga wire, considering that it will be carying 120VAC. After it is spliced to the existing wire, wrap it with electricians' tape. It is very inexpensive. Make sure you don't allow the bare conductors in the wires to touch each other, or anything metal inside the cabinet.
willowtree  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:22:26 PM(UTC)
willowtree

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
I would go with at least a 16 ga wire, considering that it will be carying 120VAC. After it is spliced to the existing wire, wrap it with electricians' tape. It is very inexpensive. Make sure you don't allow the bare conductors in the wires to touch each other, or anything metal inside the cabinet.

okay, stripped wires and twisted them together and taped with electrical tape and attached female connector back onto wire and taped it and have connected female to male part on inertial unbalance switch. commencing with putting bits back together. question do those switches ever go bad? :eek: :D :rolleyes:
willowtree  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:47:20 PM(UTC)
willowtree

Originally Posted by: willowtree Go to Quoted Post
okay, stripped wires and twisted them together and taped with electrical tape and attached female connector back onto wire and taped it and have connected female to male part on inertial unbalance switch. commencing with putting bits back together. question do those switches ever go bad? :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Hello M59, I am locked and loaded and ready for laundry battle, thank you so much for your assistance I am truely grateful. Love and hugs to you and your family.
Samurai knitter;) :D
magician59  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:41:57 AM(UTC)
magician59

Glad to hear of your success. You saved yourself a bunch of money on a service call by doint the work yourself. Well done!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply