Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aussiebill  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:01:58 PM(UTC)
aussiebill

Groups: Registered

I have fixed a few washers in my day – but this has me stumped.

Washer stops spinning after about 5-6 rotations (2-3 seconds). Everything else works perfectly. Only does this when has washing in – no problem whatsoever when empty. Even did a light load of delicates no problem last night just to tease me!

Not out of balance – even and straight as a dye. No mechanical problems or sounds, just applies the brake and finishes the spin after a few seconds. Rest of cycle continues as if still spinning – water comes in for spray rinse, pump goes etc. The brains of the machine think there is no problem.

Does this for every spin point on the dial. Starts up, gets momentum, then brakes and stops. Very frustrating.

Have spoken to two mates who fix machines as a hobby – and they are stumped too.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 2:04:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first failure suspect is the motor. Remove the front panel and check if the motor heats up. Using a clamp-on meter measure the current drawn by the motor and compare it to the amperage written on the name plate. Do all tests with the full load.

- The part number for the motor is AP2046331

Gene.
aussiebill  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 7:11:03 PM(UTC)
aussiebill

Groups: Registered

Thank you for responding Gene. I was beginning to worry.

I will certainly check it out – I did have very similar thoughts at first. My only hesitation in pulling things to bits is that we have 3.5 kids here and at the moment we still get a drip-dry only wash. Once I have bits on the floor we got nothing till it is all fixed.

Here is the weird thing – did a big sheet wash this morning – and I mean big (my 5 year old wet the bed so we had lots to wash - matress protector, teddies, you name it). Expected to pull it out wet, wring by hand etc – but the whole load went through like a dream. If the motor is not working properly under load, then I dunno how it does that. When it chooses to it runs like it is on 'roids.

The plot thickens. I’ll keep you posted.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply