Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
proton32176  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:19:12 AM(UTC)
proton32176

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Catalyst Elite Washer 110.20072992 we bought lightly used a few months ago. Since we have not had it long my wife isn’t sure what is normal and what isn’t.

The problem is with the rinse water temperature. It does not appear to have any hot water mixed in so we basically get a cold water rinse in spite of the warm setting. I realize first suspect would be the Water Inlet block but on warm wash it does have warm water in the tub and hot water inlet faucet gets very hot so block does activate hot water solenoid.

Any suggestions?

Turning Auto Temp Control button on or off has no effect on this problem.

Keypad was bought from this site three weeks ago and replaced so I hope it has nothing to do with that.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

proton32176  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:24:32 PM(UTC)
proton32176

Groups: Registered

I think I may have solved my own problem and thought I would post this in case others with the same or similar washers think they have the same problem.

I happened to find the Service Manual by chance searching for this problem and its cure.

Apparently this machine has a Thermistor which adjusts the hot-cold water mix to set the temperature where it wants it to be.
The manual states the washer wants the “Warm” wash water temperature at 100 degrees F but only wants the Warm Rinse temperature at 75 Degrees F.
I assumed incorrectly the machine would want the same temp for both wash and rinse cycles. So when the rinse water felt cool compared to the wash water I assumed I had a problem.

Being in Florida in June with 100 degree days the water from the tap is already well above 75 degrees. As a result it did not need any hot water since the incoming water already exceeded its preset.
That is why I did not detect any hot water coming from the hot water faucet during the Rinse fill and thought I had a problem.
This washer replaced one we had for 21 years and it mixed hot-cold manually so the Wash and Rinse Water temps were pretty much the same. We assummed incorrectly the new one would behave the same way and when it didn't we thought there was a problem.

I assume this setup is pretty common in the newer machines and thought I would pass this along in case anyone else thinks they have the same problem I did.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply