Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cus70  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:21:04 AM(UTC)
cus70

Groups: Registered

I'm new to this a posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry...I need help with my washer. For some reason it just stopped agitating and spinning. It is just over a year old (13 mths) It fills and drains fine but when it comes time to wash or spin I can hear the timer ticking but it doesn't do anything. I looked at the motor and it flashing the led once. The code implies to replace brake motor but i don't know how to do that. can someone help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cus70  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:32:56 AM(UTC)
cus70

Originally Posted by: cus70 Go to Quoted Post
I'm new to this a posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry...I need help with my washer. For some reason it just stopped agitating and spinning. It is just over a year old (13 mths) It fills and drains fine but when it comes time to wash or spin I can hear the timer ticking but it doesn't do anything. I looked at the motor and it flashing the led once. The code implies to replace brake motor but i don't know how to do that. can someone help?

For those of you having the same problem I just had the repair man come out and he said that the motor just needed to be reset. He unplugged the machine for 20 seconds until it clicked then he opened and closed the door 7 times. Works like new again.
rayl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:17:45 PM(UTC)
rayl

I unplugged the washer and listend for the motor to click. I pluged the washer back in and opened the lid 10 times. I turned the washer on at the drain/spin cycle and the belt moved back and forth several times and then started to spin fast.

Originally Posted by: cus70 Go to Quoted Post
For those of you having the same problem I just had the repair man come out and he said that the motor just needed to be reset. He unplugged the machine for 20 seconds until it clicked then he opened and closed the door 7 times. Works like new again.
shawman506  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:08:52 AM(UTC)
shawman506

Have the same problem, have tried the resetting procedure(no luck). Belt seems fine and coupler looks fine. It makes a humming noise during the agitate and spin cycles.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply