Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Traderjoe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:51:14 AM(UTC)
Traderjoe

Groups: Registered

So I get a little humming noise when I try and turn on SPIN cycle? STOPPED mid load and a nd code came on that means (NOT DRAINING) from book.

Aloha & Mahalo!
Joe:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Silentmelody86  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:54:06 AM(UTC)
Silentmelody86

Groups: Registered

I Have an amana front load washer and have gotten this message before. In my case it was a very easy fix. What happened was the little fan in the motor that drains the water just popped off. If you want to try and fix it yourself it is very simple but tedius just grab a Phillips head screw driver and take off the back. The motor is on the bottom left and just disconnect the hoses, there will be lots of water so get several towels and maybe a cup and something to dump it into. Once the water is gone you can put your finger in one of the holes and if you feel something rattling around it's the fan. Just unscrew the base and unhook the wires. From there you can take the whole thing out and a few screws and you can take it apart easy, pop the fan back on, and put it all back together. The unfortunate thing is it may happen again but at least you won't have to spend a fortune on someone to fix it. I've done it a few times already.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply