Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
loungesong  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 7:52:49 AM(UTC)
loungesong

Groups: Registered

Our small closet style 24" Whirlpool stacker may have a bad timer, but I wanted to get some feedback before buying a $150 part.

On every drain cycle, normally the washer goes into a slow spin. For the past two weeks, it drains fine, but does not slow spin.

However, if i just walk over to the timer, push it in and pull it out, it immediately works fine.

I know for sure it's not the lid switch as I bypassed it years ago. Could there be another solenoid or switch that could be bad instead or should I start with the timer?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:53:16 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think it is the timer since it will work correctly, which implies there is no mechanical problem. Try replacing the timer, and if you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it, see the returns policy for details and conditions.

Any why you are doing this work FIX THE LID SWITCH. This is a safety device and it should always be operative. I know of at least three people that overrode the switch and caught their right hand in the machine during spin. They are now called "Lefty". (ok, that's a joke but you get the point).

Let us know how the repair turns out, as the timer problems usually do not act this way, but yours may be the exception.
loungesong  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 4:36:08 PM(UTC)
loungesong

I purchased a replacement timer and installed it. The first five loads worked great but now I'm having the same problem again...the drain cycle runs but the basin does not low spin. It immediately works (starts low spin) if I simply push and pull the timer.

Any thoughts?

Brian
loungesong  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:59:44 AM(UTC)
loungesong

Still wondering if anyone has any ideas on this...timer did not fix the problem.

Thanks!

Brian
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:37:58 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think you have some bad wiring or bad connection at the timer. Clean everything with a good contact cleaner and check the wiriting for breaks, frays etc.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply