Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stumped10  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:34:18 AM(UTC)
Stumped10

Groups: Registered

KitchenAid washing machine model seires KAWE6??B series, approximately 9 years old. It barely agitates. Does not matter what kind of load, what cycle, it is barely agitating, (about like it should on a delicate cycle). It spins fine.
1) Given the age of this washing machine, should I pursue repair?
2) If attempting to repair myself, it must be in the agitator, maybe a worn out drive block (whatever that is)? Something else? How do I get the agitator off to check and what do I look for?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:25:46 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

pull the top of the agitator off, where you put in the fabric softener, and then reach inside the agitator, and take the plastic cover out, it will have a ridge down the center. then you will see a bolt. take it out, and remove the agitator. then set the agitator on the floor, and put both of your feet on the base, holding it down, and pull the upper part of the agitator up, hard and fast, and it will seperate. inside the top is the agitator dogs, replace them and that should do it. let me know how it goes. tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
Stumped10  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:46:46 AM(UTC)
Stumped10

Thanks, I will try that Saturday and let you know how it goes. We have an appliance repair place close by- I can check to see if they carry Agitator dogs.
Stumped10  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2009 7:23:52 PM(UTC)
Stumped10

I did as you directed and used the parts diagram on this site, found agitator dogs at my local appliance parts place and YEA! I fixed my washing machine! That was all it was. Took me about 15 minutes, $10 worth of plastic parts and it agitates like it should. If I had hired a repair man to come fix it, I am sure I would have been out at least $75. Thank you! That was so simple!
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:10:29 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad to have helped. Great Job!!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
redhilitez  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:37:53 AM(UTC)
redhilitez

Hi,
We were using your answer for our KitchenAid washer and we've come to a stop. When trying to remove the bolt, it won't remove. How do we proceed? We are in the middle of trying to repair the washer so any help in a timely fashion would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks
Stephanie
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply