Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NewCliche  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:12:24 AM(UTC)
NewCliche

Groups: Registered

Hello!

Yesterday I had started some laundry and went on my computer to do some things, which is right down the hall within earshot. It sounded like it was taking longer than normal, and then all of a sudden I hear rain, except it wasn't raining; soapy water was gushing out of a pipe outside of my window.

I went to the washing machine, which was still trying to fill, and pushed the dial in to make it stop. The machine stopped filling and the water outside stopped flowing. I figured that maybe there were too many clothes in there, so I ran the spin/drain cycle, took some stuff out, and tried again. The same thing happened.

I spent a couple of hours looking up similar problems, and I finally worked up the nerve to unplug the washer and open the control panel. I had read that it would be the water control valve that would be my problem, but now I have no idea of how to test it or what else to do. When I turn the load size knob, it does push the spring-loaded part in. The screw in the middle looks like it has had some blue stuff coming out of it (detergent?).

Can someone please advise me on what to do next? I heard that it could just be obstructed and that clearing it out would do the trick. That would be wonderful, as Sears would charge $130 plus parts in about ten days, and I'm a social worker, my wife is an inner city school teacher, a baby is possibly on its way, so money is tight. Oh, and we're running out of clothes.

Any assistance that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.