Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpaquin34  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:30:50 AM(UTC)
jpaquin34

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Not sure how old our washer is but I am pretty sure it was popular in the 1980's, it came with our house. Anyway, we've had a few problems in the past that we were able to figure it out on our own, but this one is puzzling us.

Our washer will not drain, it will go through all of the cycles, and spin, but not drain. I have looked up what the problem could be from clogged pipes, our pipes are clean, on both ends, our pump works and spins, I watched it on the bottom, and the motor that helps it spin, is fine. I turned our washer on yesterday after draining and checking the pipes and it is still not draining. We even had a bowl under the pump and manualy turned it, and it just trickling out water. The belt looks a little loose too. Is it the pump or the belts, and if not what else could it be?? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:39:17 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Take the hose out of the stand pipe or whatever it drains into; and lower it to a level below that of the water in the tub. If it siphons out, there is no obstruction in the hoses. If not, look for an obstruction at the pump inlet from the tub. Also check the anti-siphon attachment in the rear of the machine for a clog.
jpaquin34  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:45:53 AM(UTC)
jpaquin34

Groups: Registered

Hello,

We already checked both hoses and no clogs,we even checked from the tub and it is clean, blew through them and no obstruction. We are kind of worried about the pump, it works and spins, but not really enough force to pump the water out. was wondering if we should just replace the pump, belt, or both? Has this happened to anyone else?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:08:08 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

If all else is clear, the pump impeller is probably worn or damaged. Not a bad idea to replace both belts, when you replace the pump. That minimizes the time you spend on the floor!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply