Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbayless82  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 8:49:40 PM(UTC)
dbayless82

Groups: Registered

Ok, ever time I turn it on it trips the breaker. It makes no sounds or anything. I've visually checked everything. I've spun everythiing that should spin to make sure it's free to. I'm pretty good at fixing things but with out a wiring diagram I'm a little lost. So what could possible be causing this and how do I test the components to be sure I've found the problem. If this helps at first it would fill up with water and just there, but not trip the breaker, so I followed the power and replaced the small white switch by the lid switch. It worked fine until the first time it was actually used and now this is all it does. I have checked the curcuit in the house and even replaced the wall plug because it was kind of questionable(old). So I sit scratching my head searching the web for answers. Thanks for any help.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:00:36 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

provided that everything is OK on the lid switch assembly, I would unhook the wires from the motor, and then turn it on and see if it blows the circuit. If so, it could very well be the motor. If it does blow the circuit, with the motor unplugged, the problem most likely lies in the lid switch. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
denman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:17:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model LAT7300AAW

Could not find anything on a LAT7300 but here is a service manual for a LAT7304, hopefully it is close.
http://www.servicematters.com/m...6010373%20(16001145).pdf

Check in the control console, they like to put wiring diagrams in there.

You are lucky, it sounds like you have a dead short somewhere, either power to Neutral or power to ground. Lucky because an intermittent short will drive you crazy trying to find it.
Best way to troubleshoot unplug the unit and place a ohm meter across the line cord, the dead short will be 0 ohms. You then go through the components/wiring till you get rid of the short.

I would start in the control console look for a bad wire re: insulation worn through.
Then check/move the wires throughout the unit
If it blows the breaker with the lid up, try unplugging the water inlet valve.
Then perhaps the on/off light if it has one
Then the timer motor
Then the motor
Etc., etc.

Do not know how much DIY you have done so the following may be rather obvious but I think I should mention it.
You have to go to the farthest component in the circuit. For instance if the on/off or lid switch removes the short, this does not mean that it is the culprit it well could be a component further down the line that you have disconnected by turning the unit off.

Unfortunately I am off to the lake for a week or so but there are many others on this forum who can help you if you get stuck.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dbayless82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:11:50 PM(UTC)
dbayless82

Groups: Registered

Hey you know what it turned out to be? The secondary lid switch that I had just replaced an hour before the problem started.lol. My luck. The normally open was staying closed and the normally closed would not close at all no matter what I tried. So I just bypassed it until I get another new one to try. Really it works fine without it but I'm guessing it's some kind of safety deal having two lid switches?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply