Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rich Gassett  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 8:33:16 AM(UTC)
Rich Gassett

Groups: Registered

Washer works just fine up until the spin/drain cycle. Then the error/diagnostic code 'nd' appears on the LED panel. Just happened last night so haven't had a chance yet to verify no blockages in the pump or anything. Although I suspect even if there are and I clear them, I will have to replace something since I did smell a distinct electricl burn smell....

Also, once nd appears, the door lock gets all geeked out and the machine has to be powered off to open the door. and there is standing water in the tub.

In case serial #'s are needed to reference the correct part numbers here it is...: 73924207zs

I intend to troubleshoot this evening following my day job, but for reference, is there a specific set of parts to be looked at/replaced with regards to this specific error code?

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 4:59:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Rich,

Open the control panel and look for the mini-manual which contains all troubleshooting instructions.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag Neptune washer Model MAH5500BWW

Gene.
kwaters  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:39:56 AM(UTC)
kwaters

Originally Posted by: Rich Gassett Go to Quoted Post
Washer works just fine up until the spin/drain cycle. Then the error/diagnostic code 'nd' appears on the LED panel. Just happened last night so haven't had a chance yet to verify no blockages in the pump or anything. Although I suspect even if there are and I clear them, I will have to replace something since I did smell a distinct electricl burn smell....

Also, once nd appears, the door lock gets all geeked out and the machine has to be powered off to open the door. and there is standing water in the tub.

In case serial #'s are needed to reference the correct part numbers here it is...: 73924207zs

I intend to troubleshoot this evening following my day job, but for reference, is there a specific set of parts to be looked at/replaced with regards to this specific error code?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Rich:

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your washer? We found a quarter in the pump this morning. We thought that was the problem. I ran another load of laundry and our did the same thing again. We're thinking the pump needs to be replaced? Our model number is MAH6700AWW.
magician59  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:35:11 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: kwaters Go to Quoted Post
Rich:

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your washer? We found a quarter in the pump this morning. We thought that was the problem. I ran another load of laundry and our did the same thing again. We're thinking the pump needs to be replaced? Our model number is MAH6700AWW.

Disconnect the pump wiring connector and test it with a separate cord connected to it. Just plug it in long enough to see if it runs. If it does, you may have a blockage, or a problem with the board.
Rich Gassett  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:05:52 PM(UTC)
Rich Gassett

Originally Posted by: kwaters Go to Quoted Post
Rich:

I looked at the schematic which comes with troubleshooting steps. It suggested 1 of 2 problems existed. One was related to the actual pump mechanism in the bottom near the drum and the other was the main control board with the buttons on it. I replaced the pump first since it was cheaper and no joy. Once I replaced the control board all was fine. Something on the board would not turn the pump on. If you clear the error messages on the display and run the machine a couple times you should get a good idea which way to go....
yungg  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 3:07:50 PM(UTC)
yungg

i also have a MAH5500BWW and i got the error code ND so ive looked around and it seems like its the pump so i purchased a new pump and installed it and it still doesn't work and the ND error code still shown
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 7:12:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: yungg Go to Quoted Post
i also have a MAH5500BWW and i got the error code ND so ive looked around and it seems like its the pump so i purchased a new pump and installed it and it still doesn't work and the ND error code still shown

Possible the problem is a bad control board, especially if there is no proper voltage to the drain pump when it should drain.

- The control board Part number: AP4027824
yungg  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 7:51:01 PM(UTC)
yungg

ohhh i see alright i will buy the control board and hopefully it will work thanks
yungg  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 4:20:45 PM(UTC)
yungg

yeh ive purchased the control board but all the slots for my connectors doesn't fit like it should be help?? did i buy the wrong one? ive checked n it says that board that i purchased its for maytag MAH5500BWW but it doesn't fit?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:36:34 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: yungg Go to Quoted Post
yeh ive purchased the control board but all the slots for my connectors doesn't fit like it should be help?? did i buy the wrong one? ive checked n it says that board that i purchased its for maytag MAH5500BWW but it doesn't fit?

Where did you order it from?

What is the part number of the new control board?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply