Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diykindofguy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:47:41 PM(UTC)
diykindofguy

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire FWX64RFS0 top-loader. It started squeaking a few weeks ago. It only squeaks during the spin cycles (not during agitate). I took the front off and ran a load. When it started to squeak, I used 2 fingers to push a little on the external tub (give it a little more support) and the squeaking stopped. When I let go, however, the squeaking started again. I sprayed down the axle, base (where the tub chassis touches the external frame), and all of the springs that connect the external frame to the tub chassis. When the 2nd spin cycle ran, it didn't squeak. After a few weeks and a few more loads the squeak started again. I am able to spray it down and it will stop, but I am looking for a fix now not just a band-aid. Any ideas?

Other observations while the front was off: It seemed like the base of the tub chassis was moving a lot less after I sprayed it down. I'm not sure how much noise is normal though. Also, the tub seems to shake less (it doesn't shake a lot in the first place) after spraying.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.