Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjohns  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:28:47 AM(UTC)
cjohns

Groups: Registered

Do i need to wind the spring before installing the clutch?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:12:27 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not sure what spring you are talking about. Can you identify it on the parts diagram which you reach by clicking on your model number?
dh1200s  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 5:34:03 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Na just as you see it here in the pics. Make sure the pin end in the White bearing plate is show as indicated in the slot of the bearing plate. How bad was the rust. Did you clean it up for DC/UC errors?

Did you check for One-Way bearing lock up after clean up. If the One-Way clutch bering in the White bearing plate does not lock up soild you will get slip and that will cause agitator shaft rotation and tumbler movement as you enter into a spin cycle. Results are big time tub swings and continous issue with unbalance errors.

I describe in that post; Maytag Neptune load unbalance how to check for proper lock up of the One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley. Also the last post is very interesting.

The Tub Seal in these machines are at end of service life. If you want to do a cost effective rebuild see this post. FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement ...........Dick
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
Clutch housing and Large Wrap SS spring.JPG
Clutch assembled.JPG
Pic of bearing plate and pin.JPG
cjohns  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:00:12 PM(UTC)
cjohns

i cleaned and reinstalled, now i get a clicking noise 3 or 4 times before it goes to spin cycle. but i done get unballence codes any more.
dh1200s  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:05:51 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Can't tell with the info supplied. If the Clutch Pulley is not seated properly that could be an issue. Useally it will spin off the machine if not properly seated.

Did you use this thread Maytag Neptune load unbalance for your Clutch Pulley maintenance?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply