Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
angelas  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 9:27:42 AM(UTC)
angelas

Groups: Registered

This machine is really making me mad. I have replaced the timer and water level thing. It works when it wants and how it wants. It will start to aggitate without water and then the water will not stop, it will only wash for maybe a minute and then it just stops. With a little help it iwill start to work again but rinse with no water. I have already bought 2 parts and now just want it to work. Just a little over a year old and no warranty. Any help would be great!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 11:34:09 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Check the air hose connected to the water level switch, to see if there are any clogs or restrictions. You can often do this by disconnecting it from the switch and blowing through it. If you can hear air going into the air dome at the bottom of the tub, it is probably clear.

I know you said you replaced the timer, but by your description of the problems, it sure sounds like the timer is bad. Check the connector to make sure it is properly seated.

Let us know what you find.
angelas  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 1:24:06 PM(UTC)
angelas

the hose is clear but where the hose connects to the drum acts plugged? can you tell me what that is that is on the drum? is that the dome and can that be plugged?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 1:52:28 PM(UTC)
magician59

The switch works by air pressure that builds up as water enters the tub. The part attached to the tub is an air dome. It can become plugged up or clogged with lint or even items of clothing. This will cause a "false reading" of water in the tub, and allow the agitation without water.
angelas  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 2:13:00 PM(UTC)
angelas

It is plugged but also not sure how to unplug? Thanks for your help this is the most help I have gotten from anyone
magician59  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 3:23:51 PM(UTC)
magician59

Here's a link to a website where you can download a manual for your machine. You may need to remove the spinner (basket) to access and clear the obstruction.

You'll need to register on the site, but it's all free.

ApplianceDigest.com
angelas  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 3:34:12 PM(UTC)
angelas

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate all you have done today! Have a great weekend. Happy washing
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 6:02:00 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

This is a basic Whirlpool direct drive washer, and your problems are unique, at least for me.

It is likely an electrical problem, and I would check the wiring and try replacing the motor switch. The wiring is the more likely problem, but you know, it could be both.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply